Packing, especially when you’re shifting homes or offices, is a nightmare! There’s just too much stuff, too many boxes, too many pieces of tape, and no matter what, never enough space! Being movers, we know all the hassles – they’ve become our old friends now. To lend you a hand with your packing (figuratively and literally), Ameritex Houston Movers are here. Here are some packing tips that can help you:
- Sell your unwanted items. It’s obvious you’re not going to take EVERYTHING, so why not make money off those old clothes and that vase you never really liked anyway?
- For the love of your own sanity, label the boxes! If there’s anything our experience as movers tells us, it’s this. Unlabeled boxes are a mystery to unpack – it’s easier to label them and get everything in the right room and place before unpacking.
- Seal all boxes properly. Boxes that are not properly packed or sealed have a greater chance of having something get damaged or misplaced. It also takes more time to move improperly packed and sealed boxes because they are harder to stack and move.
- Empty your drawers. This is really important to do in order from having things get shuffled or misplaced. The weight of the contents may make the weight of the items too heavy to carry and can pose unexpected damages to items of value.
- Keep tools you’ll need handy. This is ideal for the reassembly of furniture when you make it to the new place. Simple things like a screw driver, screws, hammer, nails and Allen wrenches.
- Use the space inside big items like cookers and luggage. Stuff small items in them to save space.
- Don’t forget to tape-wrap your liquid bottles. Shampoos, detergents, body showers, perfumes, etc. Leaks are terrible and should be avoided at all costs.
- Store fragile items in small boxes. Why? Smaller boxes are the ones that pull more weight and therefore, less risk of breaking those wine glasses you so adore.
- Pack jewelry in ice cube trays. We’re serious. The small cube compartments are great for keeping all jewelry pieces safe and separated.
- Use your clothes as bubble wrap. Yes, we love bubble wrap too but it’s not exactly cheap. Just use your clothes to wrap breakables.
- Pack heavier items on the bottom. This will help make things proportionate and will limit things from getting damaged.
Hopefully, these will help save space, money, and your energy in unpacking and help make your next move stress-free. You’re welcome!