Are you in the market for a new apartment? If you’ve spent much time shopping around, you probably already know the ins and outs of apartment hunting and how to spot red flags. But what about where the apartment manager is concerned?
Most people simply don’t think much about the apartment manager or management company running their complex until an issue arises. And it is at that point that an apartment manager can either make or break the entire rental experience.
Keep reading to find out why it’s important to find a great apartment manager.
What an Apartment Manager Does
It’s no secret that apartment managers are very busy folks. Here are just a few aspects of the job:
- Handle financial matters.
- Hire and oversee office and maintenance staff.
- Resolve issues and complaints.
- Show and rent units.
- Create and implement marketing strategies.
Qualities of Good Apartment Management
Given their many duties, apartment managers must be incredibly organized to ensure things run smoothly. For this reason, when you’re choosing an apartment, it’s important to evaluate management as well.
Signs of a good apartment manager are as follows:
- Overall property is up-to-date with manicured landscaping and signs of proper maintenance.
- Individual units are in good shape.
- Current renters have positive feedback on the building, the manager, the maintenance staff, and complaint resolution.
- The property has a low or average turnover of tenants.
- The manager takes time to speak with you personally and answer your questions in a straightforward manner.
Of course, your apartment manager isn’t the only critical aspect when you’re apartment hunting. But he or she certainly plays a big part in the day-to-day details of your apartment lifestyle. A good apartment manager is important and should weigh heavily in your decision to rent.
Moving Apartments in the Greater Houston Area?
Once you’ve nailed down your new apartment and move date, the next step is hiring professional local apartment movers like Ameritex. With over 15 years in the industry and a background in apartment moving, we’re a top Houston choice — especially when it comes to the Stress-Free Move. We know every Houston-area neighborhood like the back of our hand, as well as best practices for moving apartments. Whether you’re moving to a space-efficient studio or a sprawling condo, we’ve got your move covered.
For a complimentary moving estimate or to schedule your move, contact us today at 713.484.6683.