When you envision the perfect holiday party, what comes to mind? Maybe it’s a swanky fete, complete with cocktails and festive attire. Or perhaps you dream about your whole family, casually gathered around the dinner table.
No matter what your dream celebration looks like, pulling off a quality event takes some legwork. One thing’s for sure, though — a detailed plan can always help reduce stress. Keep reading for everything you need to know about planning your holiday party.
How To Host the Perfect Holiday Party
What’s the Occasion?
Let the reason for the celebration dictate your planning.
For instance, a traditional family get-together will probably entail a seated dinner and gift opening. A holiday housewarming works nicely with cocktails and lively music. And a girls’ night could be as simple as a hot chocolate bar and a Christmas movie.
Check That List Twice
Once you’ve decided on a theme for your party, get started with details. Plan everything in writing.
Here are a few ideas to help you get organized:
- Create an event budget.
- Write out your menu and a list of ingredients you’ll need.
- Send invitations. Check out easy apps like Hobnob and Evite.
- Shop for food, drinks, and decor well in advance.
Aim For Ambience
To throw a great event, ambience is key. Your guests should feel the holiday spirit as soon as they step inside.
Here are some can’t-miss preparations for your party planning convenience:
- Create a playlist. Decide whether you want to stick with timeless tunes or modern Christmas songs.
- Think about lighting. Christmas lights make everything look a bit more magical, but don’t overdo it.
- Show off your home to its best advantage. If you have a grand entry, up the drama with an oversized tree. Do you have an amazing view? Set up the dessert table in front of your window to draw guests’ eyes to that area.
- Plan for personal touches. Don’t forget about comforts like fresh hand towels and seasonal candles or potpourri.
Keep It Simple
Let’s face it — unless you hire help, you can’t decorate every single nook and cranny of your home, and you can’t cater to every guest’s individual food preferences. Avoid total exhaustion by giving yourself a break where you can.
Consider these ideas to lighten your load:
- Choose simple recipes and prep food in advance.
- Consider a potluck or buffet style dinner.
- Set up a bar cart and let guests mix their own drinks.
- Enjoy yourself, and guests will take their cues from you.
In the end, it doesn’t matter if your signature cocktail didn’t come out just like you’d hoped or your home doesn’t look like a Pinterest wonderland. Your guests will remember full bellies, fun stories, and happy hearts.
From our family to yours, Ameritex Movers would like to wish you a merry Christmas and happy holidays.