Houston is a thriving city which has become the No. 1 destination where people want to move in Texas. San Antonio and Austin were two other Texas cities ranked among the Top 10 Cities Where People Want to Move. The Bayou City also ranks No. 3 nationally for population growth by migration and has become a mixing bowl of diverse cultures. H-Town is filled with a variety of venues for great entertainment, fantastic restaurants and wonderful places to live. The following is a list of some of the Hot Houston Zip Codes to move to:
- 77056 is the Heart of the Houston Galleria. There is plenty of shopping and dining to do in the mall that is a total of 3 million square feet with nearly 375 stores throughout. It is the largest mall in Texas and ninth in the nation. Now that’s what we call Texas Size! It also has 77027 nearby which is home of Uptown Houston and Highland Village.
- 77007 and 77008 is better known Greater Heights and has tons of eclectic boutique style shops and bungalow style homes. The area houses some of the nicest apartment communities in the Houston metropolitan area and offers some of great outdoor experiences at Memorial Park and Washington Ave.
- 77019 is the 6th Priciest Zip Code in Texas and is comprised of areas like River Oaks, Avalon Place and Hyde Park. The area is not only filled with prime real estate but is also a hotspot for luxury shopping, great cafes with a vibrant social scene. In a way, you can call it the Hollywood of Houston.
- 77030 is considered to be the Med Center and is the hub of the most advanced medical technology in the world. This area is home to the Texas Medical Center which is the largest in the nation with its 1,345 acre campus near downtown. This area also has M.D. Anderson Cancer Center and Texas Children’s Hospital. It is also home to the Museum District which has some of the most popular exhibitions to see. This area is also nearby to Bellaire which is 77401 and West University which is 77005 and both zip codes have also ranked in the Top Ranked Zip Codes.
- The Greenway and Upper Kirby areas are located in 77046 which is sandwiched right in between the Med Center and River Oaks. It is a delightful area where you find most millennia’s live, work and play.
Why are people moving to Houston? Well, here are 5 reasons… plain and simple!
It is a larger metropolitan city full of jobs in technology and business services, including aerospace technology of course, and plenty of shipping jobs at the port. It also has low unemployment and has created more new jobs in the recent years more than any other city in the US.
- More & More People are calling themselves Houstonians
People are relocating to Texas in droves, with Houston gaining over 35,000 new people in the last financial year.
The city has one of the largest populations in the in the United States and has cultures that add a mixed diversity and ambiance which include a variety of food, styles and art. The city is now more racially and ethnically dynamic than New York with nearly 46% of Houston’s population speaks a language other than English at home with 38% speaking Spanish.
- Affordable Home Prices
House prices are comparably low here too, with the median home price to annual household income at just 2.9%.
- Once a Texan, Always a Texan
Nearly 75% of born Texans still live in Texas.
Pretty good if you ask us! If you’re one of the lucky ones moving to Houston, then let Ameritex Movers help guide you along the way to a stress-free move. The city is a great place to live with a booming economy and a bustling housing market with incredible options to meet your individual taste.