Inspired by furniture and decor magazines to make over your home or apartment but don’t have the TV network budget? Decorating and redecorating can be expensive, but it doesn’t have to be. Thanks to HGTV and apps like Pinterest, do-it-yourself projects are much easier to start and finish. It’s also lighter on your pockets than buying brand new. Below are just a few DIY furniture ideas you can master to give your new abode a chic and trendy makeover.
If you like a challenge and feel comfortable using hardware and tools, you may be up for building your own furniture. Tap into your creative side to turn someone’s junk into trendy home DIY furniture.
- A dirty, old door can be your new bedroom headboard
- Restore a rickety ladder into an accent towel ladder
- Reconstruct an old, twin bed into a rustic bench
- Create more kitchen storage using recovered pallets to build a pallet cupboard
Now that you have the basics, it's time to move on to the accessories and decor.
The Dining Room
The Living Room
Your home is your safe haven, but the bedroom is your sanctuary. Try these quick hacks to create a space of tranquility:
- Wall art is an easy way to add style to a bedroom, but it often comes with a hefty price tag. Framing personal pictures or pages from your favorite fashion magazine can save you money and dress up a plain wall.
- Hanging a graphic quilt is another option to add drama or warmth to a room.
- Draping a colorful or patterned quilt over the headboard adds character to a plain bed. Plus, it’ll keep you warm when you get cold.
DIY Craft Projects
While the purpose of DIY projects is to save money, it can be a creative outlet for some. The following are cute ideas to add flavor to your dwelling. If you’re impressed with your skills, you can even sell them for a few extra bucks, too.
- It seems to be a universal problem on laundry day. A pair of socks goes in the wash, but somewhere in between the washer and dryer, one goes missing. If you build this missing-sock plaque, you might just find the whole pair.
- Do you have a little one who sometimes steps out of line? Maybe he or she needs to have a seat on this timeout stool, complete with a sand-filled hourglass.
Are you feeling inspired by these DIY furniture and decor ideas? Now all you need is a new place to show off your designs. Ameritex Movers would love to help you and your DIY furniture move into a new home, apartment, or office. Contact us today to set up your move!