It’s time to get excited to move into your new home in Katy, Texas. Moving can be a stressful process, so it’s important to know how to plan ahead. If your Katy moving checklist consists of three bullet points that read, “Pack, Move, Unpack,” you’re doing it wrong. But with the right to-do list, you can pack up that stress, label it, and leave it behind.
An organized moving checklist is vital. It encourages you to plan ahead, and reminds you what to do in the process. We’ve compiled the ultimate moving to-do list so you can get on the road with confidence.
What To Do When Preparing to Move
The best way to start a move ahead of time is by de-cluttering your possessions. A garbage bag and willingness to move on are a good start, but here are some other tips:
- Start with the Bathroom – It’s a good place to start because, hopefully, you won’t feel bad tossing out that old toothbrush.
- Gather Supplies – Equip yourself with bags, boxes, and markers so you can trash, donate, and label easily.
- Know Yourself – Now’s a good time to admit you never used that alarm clock, and you probably never will. Trash it.
- Take Photos – When in doubt, take a picture. You’ll appreciate a photo of your grandma’s broken lamp much more than having a broken lamp.
Katy Moving Checklist
The best way to stay on top of your move is with a timetable. Real Simple has a great one:
Two months before:
- Begin de-cluttering the home
- Research moving companies
Six weeks before:
- Obtain supplies
- Go through perishable goods
One month before:
- Change your address
- Begin packing things not needed immediately
- Label boxes
Two weeks before:
- Contact the moving company
- Service your car
- Begin packing suitcases
- Refill prescriptions
A few days before:
- Plan for payments
- Double check details
- Take inventory of possessions
Day Of Moving Checklist
There’s a lot that goes into getting on the road, but it’s easy to forget what to do when you arrive at your new Katy home. Don’t forget these things on moving day:
- If you arrive before the movers, tidy up first so your stuff isn’t on a dusty floor
- Go over your floor plan so you can help direct the movers to where things need to be placed in your new home.
- Restrict your pets to one room, or consider boarding them so they’re not agitated during the move.
- Be present when the moving van arrives. Expect to pay beforehand.
It seems daunting, but if you take it step by step, your move will feel as easy as a to-do list that reads, “Pack. Move. Unpack. Relax.”
Call Ameritex Katy movers for a smooth, stress-free move. We are efficient, professional movers who know the ins and outs of the Katy community. Get acquainted with your new surroundings and make yourself at home with these resources:
- Check out what Katy has to offer new residents.
- Learn about the Katy school district.
- Find fun things to do in Katy.
Get ready to enjoy your new life in Katy, TX!