Moving day is the perfect opportunity to take inventory of everything you own. Chances are your stockpile will surprise you! You can trash, donate, and give away non-essentials, but you’ll still have a heavy load. Relocating is a major undertaking if you are attempting it yourself, so you’ll need to consider finding some moving helpers to assist. Friends are usually the first people you look to for moving help — but should you?
Asking Friends to Be Moving Helpers
Quick question — what’s your first reaction when someone asks you to help them move? We’re going to take a wild guess and assume you don’t exactly jump for joy. You may reach out to a friend or family member because they own a truck you’d like to use to haul your stuff. Or, maybe you just need them to help carry your giant couch out the door. Either way, there are better alternatives.
Here are a few reasons why you might want to find moving helpers elsewhere.
- Your friends are busy, and helping you move is probably not at the top of their to-do list.
- Your friends aren’t professional movers. They don’t know the safest and most efficient method to move your belongings.
- Moving is time-consuming and hard work. The labor and time your friends are putting in are not worth the free pizza and beer you offered in exchange.
- Friends aren’t as reliable as professionals. There’s a strong likelihood of them suddenly getting sick or having last-minute plans on your move day.
- Last but not least, they just might not want to help! Avoid putting them in an awkward situation.
A Better Alternative
A happy medium between professional movers and doing it yourself is Ameritex’s loading and unloading service. This service is great if you already have a truck and just need some extra hands.
With the loading and unloading service, you still control all aspects of your move. The only difference here is that Ameritex’s all-star moving helpers are there to help you pack and unpack the moving truck. Professionals are great for this because they know how to make the most use of the truck space, as well as how to keep your belongings secure.
And on top of that, you can bet this is not our moving guys’ first time squeezing an entertainment center through an apartment door frame. They know exactly what to do.
Need Help Moving?
The best solution, of course, is to spring for full-service professional movers. This will save your stress, sanity, and friendships. Professional moving helpers can handle your move from start to finish, so you won’t have to do a single thing.
Full-service moves include packing services, loading, transport and moving services, unloading, and unpacking. All you have to do is direct the traffic by telling the movers where to set up your things in your new place.
Doesn’t that sound like a much better way to get the moving help you need? If so, call us today to book your full-service move! We actually do love moving, and we guarantee to arrive on time. With us, you don’t have to worry about any sudden illness or last-minute plans. We’re here to help.