It’s no secret that Houston is a desirable place for business. The population is diverse, with backgrounds in oil, medicine, and technology. Add in the booming economy and relatively low cost of living, and you can’t go wrong. Furthermore, with hubs like Downtown Houston and growing communities like The Woodlands and Katy, there’s surely a space to perfectly suit your company.
Moving an entire office is a major undertaking. These are just a few of the things you need to consider:
- How to go through the transition while conducting business normally
- Packing, transporting, and setting up sensitive files and office equipment
- Communicating changes with vendors and clients
- Keeping staff up to date and enlisting their help
- Selecting professional office movers
What if your office move could be a smooth process? Well, we believe it can be, and with these helpful tips, you’ll be on your way to making that happen.
How to Simplify Office Moving
- Draw up a timeline for packing and moving. Be as detailed as possible.
- Stay in constant communication with your employees. Let them know what they need to do to make the move successful. Delegate and give everyone specific tasks, such as ordering new business cards and calling clients. Hold meetings on a regular basis to update everyone.
- Hire your movers well in advance. We recommend at least six months. Choose a company with specific experience in moving offices.
- Budget carefully for your move. Make sure you have a cost estimate and there are no surprises when you get the bill.
- If you’re doing your own packing, it’s crucial to stay incredibly organized. Create a master checklist and spreadsheet. Carefully label boxes on all sides with as much detail as possible. This way, you and the movers will know where everything goes in your new office.
- When dealing with sensitive files and information, always check and double-check. If each person is responsible for his or her respective clients, clearly communicate that information. If one person is responsible for all files, make sure he or she has the proper tools to stay organized.
- Get familiar with your new layout. Decide where everything will go and where everyone will sit.
- Let your vendors know about the changes. If you’re moving out of their service area, arrange for new vendors.
- Make sure you know how to properly and safely disconnect, transport, and hook up your sensitive electronics — or hire movers who can do all of this.
- Notify your clients ASAP of your new address and contact info.
Ready to Streamline Your Next Office Move?
Let Ameritex Houston take the guesswork out of moving your office. Our office movers are familiar with all areas of the city. With over 15 years of experience in the industry, we’re ready to show you how to simplify office moving and make your next move a breeze. Contact us today to learn about our stress-free moving guarantee.