When it comes to moving everything you own into a new home, you can never be too careful. That’s why it’s crucial for you to pick the right moving company. However, sometimes it can be tough to separate reliable moving companies from the imitators. So, we’re here to help. Follow this guide to help you interview and assess movers before making your final decision.
Reliable Moving Companies vs. Duds
Ask For References
Reliable moving companies you are considering should be able to provide you with a list of clients they’ve moved. Taking the extra step is worth it when your belongings are at stake. Reliable movers will have testimonials and reviews on their website and also on directories like Yelp, Angie’s List, and Google.
Inspect Your Free Quote
If prices are too good to be true — 20-30% lower than the competition — take this as a red flag. Make sure there are no surprises or hidden charges by reading the fine print on your contract and asking about extra charges. Moving companies often have charges for things like bulky or extremely heavy items and elevators. Look for the total cost and be wary of anything appears “dirt-cheap.” That may be the quality of service you get, and your valuables are worth more than that.
Ask the Right Questions
By asking questions, you’ll be able to evaluate the movers’ basic knowledge, experience, and problem-solving skills. When speaking with the booking agent, let him or her know specifics of your move and listen to what they say. Ask questions about extra charges and other details that come up in your move. Also, ask if the moving company requires a deposit, which isn’t uncommon. When you get the answers to these questions, you are not only more armed with the right information, but also have a better idea of the level of transparency and communication in the company.
Do Your Homework
Research the moving company. Does it have a legitimate website with reviews? Does it seem well-known? Is it licensed? These are all important questions to look for in your searches. As we mentioned earlier, you want to look for reviews and go to directories.
- Stellar Customer Service – Any reliable moving company will want to make sure you have a pleasant experience. Satisfied customers mean referrals and good reviews.
- Accurate Estimates – Most movers charge a trip fee that covers the moving crew’s time and fuel costs. Then there’s an additional hourly rate based on how long the move takes. A knowledgeable customer service representative should ask you several questions about your moving plans before giving you an estimate.
- Respect For Your Belongings – Best-rated moving companies train their moving crews to handle your items with the utmost care. Ask about things like insurance and wrapping methods.
Why Ameritex Is the Moving Company You Can Trust
- We are punctual.
We guarantee the arrival to load and deliver your belongings on your requested moving date. If we experience mechanical failure and have to reschedule, we pay you. Some restrictions apply, so please inquire for details.
- We believe in freebies.
Ameritex provides furniture pads, shrink wrap, three complimentary wardrobe boxes, and a GoGo cart to use during your move. These items will get you from A to B with as little out-of-pocket expense as possible.
- We want to make your move stress-free.
Our moving experts know the safest and most efficient methods to load, unload, and set up your belongings in your new home.
- We strive for perfect customer service.
At Ameritex, we work hard to ensure there are no hitches with your move. Should a problem arise, we promise to resolve it as quickly and smoothly as possible.