Whether you hire a moving company or do it yourself, moving can be a costly endeavor. However, at Ameritex, we want to remove all possible stress from the moving experience. That includes helping you find ways to lessen the financial burden of moving. Check out the infographic below for great ideas on where to score free moving boxes in your local community. And, if you are moving in the Houston area, we have a special promo code in the video on this page that will get you 20 free boxes. Stay tuned!
5 Places to Get Free Moving Boxes
1. Grocery stores, pharmacies, and liquor stores. What happens to the boxes after shipments are complete? Find out the delivery dates of the stores in your area, and reach out to the managers. Coordinate with them to see if you can snag their boxes.
2. Look for free boxes all around you. People move in and out all the time, especially if you live in an apartment complex. Look near recycling bins for boxes waiting to be picked up.
3. Craigslist. There are tons of people posting on Craigslist who are giving away free moving boxes after their move. Start scouring your local page.
4. Check Freecycle. Here you can give away things you don’t want or use anymore, and you can even find free things you need, such as boxes or furniture.
5. Post on social media. Tell your friends, family members, and other connections that you are in need of boxes. Chances are good that someone in your network has some cardboard boxes they don’t need anymore. You can also pay it forward once your move is complete, and post that you have some boxes to share.
How to Get 20 Free Boxes
Check out this episode of Monday Moving Minute for a special promo code for 20 free boxes from Ameritex Movers. The code is good for those making moves in the Houston area. Watch and find out!
If you are moving in Houston, our team is here to help. Give us a call today to tell us about your moving needs, or fill out the form above for a free and stress-free moving quote.