The Energy Corridor, which is a business district for companies in the energy industry, sits near the eastern edge of the greater Katy area. This is where many major companies in Houston set up shop. There are 300 companies and over 94,000 employees in the Energy Corridor. Some companies with offices in the Energy Corridor include:
The corridor sits between Beltway 8 and the Grand Parkway, and it’s bordered by George Bush Park and Bear Creek Pioneers Park. Property values continue to rise here, so a home here is a great investment.
What is the Energy Corridor?
The Energy Corridor isn’t just a group of offices. Rather, it’s a master-planned business district where people can live and work. There are apartments, hotels, schools, daycare centers, shopping centers, restaurants, and parks. Plus, there are healthcare options, banks, churches, mosques, salons, and more! Really, everything you need, you can find within the community.
This community is responsible for a huge portion of Houston’s economic growth. And it has no signs of stopping, either. For example, according to its website, the corridor will house 45.2 million square feet of office and mixed-use space by 2030.
Living in the Energy Corridor
- This area is a great place to live if you enjoy an active lifestyle. There are 50 miles of trails and parks within the 26,000 acres of open green space.
- There are energy-efficient and eco-friendly options here for getting to and from work like biking, walking, carpooling, and park-and-ride services.
- Fabulous schools serve the children of Energy Corridor residents, as Houston ISD, Katy ISD, and Spring Branch ISD all cover parts of the area.
- There’s a weekly farmer’s market on Saturday mornings.
- You don’t have to drive far! Everything you need is nearby.
If you’re interested in living or working (or both!) in the Energy Corridor, Ameritex Movers is here to help. We can help you move into an apartment or house, and even move your office here, as well. The Energy Corridor is a perfect place to settle in. Our movers are familiar with the area and can ensure a stress-free transition for you.
Fill out the form above for a free quote, or give us a call at 713-484-6683. Our friendly customer service specialists are happy to answer any of your moving questions!