A simple Google search will tell you that among Houstonians, Inner vs. Outer Loop is a source of contention. Residents inside the Houston Loop are loyal devotees of all the city has to offer, while those outside the Loop love the spread-out nature of their areas.
Especially if you’re new to Houston, it can be difficult to decide where to put down roots. Keep reading for a breakdown of the areas and why each could be a great choice for you.
Inside the Houston Loop
First, you need an understanding of what everyone is talking about by “the Loop.” In a nutshell, Inner Loop means everything inside Interstate 610. The area encompasses everything near Houston’s central business district.
Top Reasons to Live in the Inner Loop
1. Endless entertainment: You have access to the best restaurants, museums, and other hotspots in the city.
2. Save on gas: Many people in the Loop go car-less and live close enough to bike or take the bus to school or work.
3. Diversity: Don’t be surprised to find local friends from all countries, age groups, and walks of life.
Outside the Houston Loop
Outside Interstate 610 lie over a dozen cities and communities. These locations spread out all over Houston and beyond, and they’re constantly growing.
Best Perks of Living in the Outer Loop
1. Affordability: When you avoid house hunting in Central Houston, you can definitely get more bang for your buck. In addition, the cost of living is a little less in this part of town.
2. Open space: Everything is more spread out in the Outer Loop. Here, you’ll find bigger houses with generous backyards — sometimes even acreage. More land combined with a smaller population means much more breathing room.
3. Family friendly: The Outer Loop is a good place to raise a family. Areas outside the Loop are known for being safe and having excellent schools.
Are You Considering a Houston Area Move?
For over 15 years, Ameritex Movers has been a local household name. Our professional moving crews are familiar with all neighborhoods on either side of the Houston Loop. We specialize in the stress-free moving experience.
For more information, contact our office each day between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. If you’re interested in moving in Houston, fill out the easy form at the top of the page for a free moving quote.