Whether you’re preparing for a move to Katy, or you just need to clear up some space at home, a storage unit may be just the help you need. However, it’s important to make sure you choose the right storage facility for you, as you have many local Katy storage options to choose between. Find out what choices you have and some tips to follow before signing the agreement.
Here’s what you need to know about storage facilities and your options:
Katy Storage Facilities
Before you choose a Katy storage facility to rent, you should first figure out your storage needs and priorities. For example, here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Is top-notch security your biggest concern?
- Or is your biggest concern the proximity to your home?
- Do you need a climate-controlled unit?
- Do you need access to it at all hours of the day?
- Are you flexible on price or on a tight budget?
Once you’ve figured out your priorities, it’s time to go storage shopping. Here are some popular Katy storage options.
- CubeSmart Self Storage – Starting at $34 for a 5×5 sq ft unit
- Iron Guard Storage – Starting at $44 for a 5×10 sq ft unit
- Public Storage – Starting at $22 for a 5×5 (depends on location)
- StorIt! @ Woodcreek – Starting at $38 for a 5×5
- Life Storage – Starting at $32 for a 5×5
Overall, there are many reputable and affordable storage facilities in Katy for you to choose between. All you have to do is find the company that’s right for your individual needs. You can always do a Google search for “Katy storage facilities” and compare companies individually, or you can use a resource like SpareFoot that compiles the facilities near you all in one place.
These are some things to look for before you decide on a storage facility.
2. Check the gate and office hours. Gate hours are the times you can access your unit, and office hours are the times employees will be around to help. Most places in Katy have office hours until around 5:30 or 6 p.m.
3. Ask about security. With Katy’s ever-growing population, you can never be too careful. A simple padlock on the door of your unit won’t be enough. Find out what sort of security measures the facility has in place.
4. Ask if you can see the unit you would be assigned to if you sign a lease. You want to see the unit you’d actually get, not the model.
5. Evaluate their customer service. Do they seem to treat their customers well? Do they give you straight answers? Have other Katy residents had similar experiences?
6. Make sure the facility is clean. The office should be clean, and you want to make sure there are no pests who call the place home.
Moving to Katy?
Are you moving to Katy? If so, you can count on Ameritex Movers for a seamless, stress-free move. Not only do we want to provide a smooth move to Katy, but we also want you to have a smooth transition into your new life in Katy, TX. Therefore, we’ve compiled a several resources on everything from professional packing services to the best restaurants in Katy. Discover what Katy has to offer here.
Fill out the form on the right for a free moving quote, our contact our customer service team to tell them about your upcoming Katy move.