The family-friendly city of Katy packs its small-town charm across three counties and four zip codes. Katy covers Harris, Fort Bend, and Waller counties. The Katy zip codes are: 77449, 77450, 77493, and 77494. There are two zip codes, 77491 and 77492, that are PO Box zip codes only. Katy is in Houston’s Outer Loop, and is about 22 miles from Downtown Houston. Check out some insights on each of the Katy zip codes below.
Katy Zip Codes List
While the city of Katy maintains the small town feel throughout it's multiple zip codes, there are substantial differences between the different zip code areas of Katy. In this article we break down the differences of the different areas and pull out unique traits that might be of interest to you as you consider a move in the area of Katy TX.
This is a quiet, rural part of Katy. It’s a young area with lots of families, few seniors, and many singles.
- Population: 94,382
- Median household income: $65,420
- Median age: 30
- 57% of households here have children
- 67% of houses are owned with a mortgage
This part of Katy is wealthy, and full of married couples and families.
- Population: 71,889
- Median household income: $100,957
- Median age: 37
- 67% of homes are husband and wife homes; only 3% are singles with roommates
- This is an educated population, with only 4% having less than a high school degree.
The 77493 zip code is a small area home to many children under 18.
- Population: 23,104
- Median household income: $78,452
- Median age: 32
- The male-female ratio here is a nearly perfect 50/50 split.
- Almost 90% of residents drive to work and have a travel time of 10-29 minutes.
This is another wealthy part of town, home to a majority of married couples.
- Population: 61,600
- Median household income: $126,425
- Median age: 34
- The vast majority of homes in this zip were built in the 2000s.
- Only 13% of households are occupied by renters.
Katy Zip Code Maps
Zip code maps are helpful for the following reasons:
- Real estate searches
- Understanding different regions of Katy
- Assistance with navigation
- Greater knowledge of the city
To keep things simple, we’ve put together a list of mapped zip codes in Katy, TX. You will find maps for all different parts of town.
Ameritex has vast experience moving customers from one part of the city to another. Plus, our moving specialists know all about the different zip codes in Katy, TX. Need assistance with your move? Call today for a free moving estimate.