Just over 30 minutes northeast of Downtown Houston lies the bustling community of Kingwood, Texas. With easy access to the Eastex Freeway, Interstate 45, and the Sam Houston Tollway, this area is positioned for convenience. Despite its proximity to these major roads, its tucked-away feel still offers an idyllic, slower-paced lifestyle. Below, you’ll find helpful information about the Kingwood zip code and its respective areas.
Kingwood Zip Code
Being aware of your local zip code is an important step toward familiarizing yourself with the area. Zip code information is critical to understanding demographics and getting a feel for the community in general. The Kingwood zip code is made up of three separate zips, and 77346 extends into the city of Atascocita.
- Population: 37,512
- Average Home Value: $150,300
- Median Household Income: $73,135
- Average Household Size: 2
- This area has a relatively high percentage of singles. Many are renters, with the most common units being 1-bedroom.
- Population: 26,122
- Average Home Value: $243,300
- Median Household Income: $119,708
- Average Household Size: 3
- This zip code is one of the nicer parts of town, with more affluent households and higher home values.
- Population: 53,578
- Average Home Value: $156,600
- Median Household Income: $86,523
- Average Household Size: 3
- This area is family-oriented, with a fairly even split of husband-wife households and households with children.
Things to Do In and Around Kingwood
With a convenient location central to the North Houston area, you won’t run out of fun opportunities in Kingwood. Here are a few of the most popular local destinations.
- Stroll along Lake Houston at Ea st End Park or Lake Houston Wilderness Park.
- Experience a rustic way of life at Old MacDonald’s Farm.
- Create unique artwork at The Mudpie Company, Pinot’s Palette, or The Rustic Brush.
- Get spooked — in a good way — at Kingwood Asylum.
- Enjoy a rousing game with other hobbyists at Swords and Superheroes.
- Spend a day on horseback at Cypress Trails.
- Take in the nightlife at Molly’s Pub, Club 494, or Green Oaks Tavern.
Grab some delicious grub at Bill’s Cafe, Chimichurri’s, Zachary’s Kitchen, or Zammitti’s Italian Ristorante.
Your Kingwood Movers
At Ameritex, we’re extremely familiar with the Kingwood area and we value our Kingwood customers. If you’re moving in or around the Kingwood zip code, we can handle everything from packing your precious belongings to setting up that last piece of furniture in your new place.
The following services are just some of the ways we can help you experience a stress-free move:
- Residential moves to or from any size home or apartment.
- Office moves tailored to your company’s specific needs.
- Full-service moves for the ultimate ease in moving.
- Packing and unpacking a la carte.
- Loading and unloading your rental truck.
- Transport for all your belongings.
- Specialized services like senior moves, home staging, heavy objects, or pianos.
- Premium packing supplies for your best move.
For all questions or to schedule your move, contact Ameritex at 713.484.6683.