When you were 12, you were thrilled each time you added a shiny new trophy to your collection. After all, who wouldn’t want to be recognized for all of those amazing achievements like Best Swimmer at seventh-grade girls’ camp, or Most Pies Eaten at the county fair? However, as an adult, you may be wondering what to do with all of those old trophies.
Luckily, there are a couple of crafty ways to dispose of and recycle old trophies that no longer have a place in your home. Check out this guide for details.
Smart Solutions For Old Trophies
If you want to recycle locally, start by calling nearby trophy and awards shops. Many don’t offer a program for used trophies, but there are quite a few well-known recycling options across the country. Check out the following national organizations that accept your used, personalized trophies.
- Sports Medal Recycling
- Awards Mall
- Medals 4 Mettle
- Friends of Down Syndrome
- Revived Glory Awards
- TC reTrophy
A couple of the above organizations simply strip down old trophies for recycling, but many restore them to donate to charitable causes. This way, your beloved trophies go to help the less fortunate. That’s a cause we can get behind!
Maybe you don’t feel like letting go just yet, and that’s okay, too. There are dozens of ways to refurbish your old trophies to create something useful and unique.
- Make a pretty cupcake tray with trophies, tart trays, and spray paint.
- Craft a vintage trophy coat rack out of wood.
- Whip up trophy bottle stoppers for cheap gifts or party favors.
- Create a paper maché vase for that shabby chic look.
- Assemble a collage for a pretty yet practical way to display memorabilia on a wall or in a man cave.
Other crafty ideas include:
- Spray painting trophies in fun colors and use as bookends.
- Attaching a tray to the top of a trophy to make a catchall to stow jewelry and keys.
- Using a kit to convert your trophy to a table lamp.
- Covering the original engraving with a funny label and giving as a gag gift.
You can’t go wrong with either recycling or refurbishing your old trophies. What could be a better tribute to your childhood than donating to a worthy cause or giving new life to those trophies? Just make sure you’re not raiding Mom’s display case.
Moving in Houston?
Whether the trophies come with you or not, Ameritex Movers can help. Find out why we have a 95% referral rate, as well as a stress-free guarantee.
Ameritex is also proud to take an active part to support local charity and education. See what we’ve been up to in our community as we strive to make Houston a better place.
Contact our friendly office staff at 713.484.6683 to customize your ideal moving experience.