Electronics have become a part of our daily lives – from computers to television sets, printers, and whatnot, they are essential items you cannot leave behind if you’re moving. So what’s the best way to do it? Here are some quick #packingtips from Ameritex Houston Movers:
- First of all, if you have any electronic items’ original boxing stuff and manuals, etc., take them out. (If present) read the manual given to see if there are any moving instructions. If yes, follow them! If no, don’t worry, we’ve got your next Houston move covered. Even if you have 200 televisions.
- Gather all your electronics in one place and remove all removable items like CD’s, DVD’s, wires, toner or ink cartridges, etc. These will be separately packed to prevent damage.
Tip: Take a picture of the attached wires before you remove them so you can place them back in the right slots easily.
- Pack the electronics in their original packaging, including stuffing, bubble wrap, etc. If you don’t have the original packaging stuff, buy electronic specialty cartons or double-walled boxes, stuffing material, and bubble wrap.
- Separate the removable items you detached previously. Gather CD’s and DVD’s and put them in a small box or CD case. If you don’t have that, consider personally moving them in your car. Take all wires, individually wrap every wire with twist ties to keep neatly and place them in a Ziploc bag. Take another Ziploc bag and place ink cartridges separately.
Tip: Place all wires of every electronic device separately and tape each bag to its respective device to prevent confusion.
- Stuff all leftover space in boxes with bubble wrap or foam. Check to make sure nothing is rattling inside.
- Securely close the boxes with tape. Then repeat. You can’t be too sure with electronics!
- Mark all boxes boldly with “Fragile” and be sure to mark which end is up.
- For added protection, wrap boxes with shrink wrap.
These days there’s the newest technology that’s out for all sorts of television. Check out this Forbe’s article on the best 2015 #BlackFriday Televisions: http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2015/11/25/10-best-tvs-to-buy-on-black-friday/