Spring has sprung here in the South, and Houston is a wonderful place to enjoy it. This season, get out and take advantage of all our city has to offer. Check out our favorite ways to celebrate spring in Houston.
16 Reasons To Love Spring In Houston
The Great Outdoors
- Beautiful weather is on its way. Houston is one of the best springtime cities in the United States.
- Drive toward Brenham for some of the lushest bluebonnets and Indian paintbrushes in the country. It’s a perfect opportunity for a photo shoot — just watch out for snakes.
- Spring Break officially marks the beginning of beach season, so head over to Galveston and soak up the sun before it gets too hot.
- Take advantage of the lovely weather and stroll through one of our scenic parks, like Hermann Park or Discovery Green. Toss a frisbee around, or let the kids and pets run to their heart’s content.
- Try your hand at a no-pressure 5K. Houston’s annual Bubble Run happens on May 26. Bring the whole family — kids 4 and under race free.
- How does your garden grow? If you’re in Houston, the answer is breathtaking. Look into Bayou Bend, McGovern Centennial Gardens, and Mercer Botanic Gardens.
Fun and Entertainment
- The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is in full force now through March 18. Don’t miss your chance to see the animals and hear some fabulous country music.
- On April 7th and 8th, check out the Houston Children’s Festival, the largest children’s festival in the United States.
- Theatre is a big deal in Houston, and the spring season is no exception. Smash Broadway hit Hamilton comes our way in April.
- Spring Break is the perfect time to enjoy a discounted or free Thursday afternoon at a Houston museum. Participating museums include The Children’s Museum of Houston, The Museum of Fine Arts, and The Houston Museum of Natural Science.
- Enjoy a breezy outdoor concert at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands. Big names coming this spring include Jack Johnson, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Eric Church, and Kenny Chesney.
- Take a quick drive to Hockley’s Showboat Drive-In Theater. This blast from the past venue shows two movies back-to-back every Friday through Sunday.
All About the Food
- Spring is the season for crawfish boils. Pro tip — don’t wear anything you mind getting messy!
- Fruit picking is the quintessential childhood activity. Nearby Blessington Farms will have luscious strawberries by mid-March.
- Browse your local farmers market for fresh local produce, meats, baked goods, and homeopathic items.
- Head to North Houston on April 21 for the $5 Food Truck Festival, featuring some of Houston’s finest vendors, free beer, and a kid zone.
Are you moving to the Greater Houston Area this spring? With over a decade of experience in our industry, Ameritex Movers is the clear choice for all moving services. We can get you settled into your new home, apartment, or office in plenty of time to enjoy spring in Houston. In fact, we’re home to the original Stress-Free Move.
Call us at 713.484.6683 to get started!