This Valentine’s Day is a chance to really knock it out of the park with your holiday plans. Houston is full of intriguing options for lovers and fabulous singles alike. In fact, narrowing down your choices could be the hard part!
But don’t stress out — we’ve got you covered for Valentine’s Day. There’s a little something for everyone, so figure out what you and your S.O. — or just your fabulous self — would most enjoy, and have a blast!
Your 2018 Guide To Valentine’s Day In Houston
For the Romantic
- Say a spontaneous “I Do” at the Valentine’s Day Pop-Up Express Wedding, located at the Buffalo Soldiers National Museum.
- Woo your love on horseback with a trail ride at the Cypress Trails Equestrian Center.
- Treat yourselves to a luxurious Valentine’s Day spa experience at milk + honey.
For the Foodie
- No Valentine’s Day list is complete without Brennan’s Of Houston. The special menu offers themed drinks and a three-course meal. You’ll find dishes like lobster and cognac bisque, Texas quail and waffle, sugarcane smoked short rib, Gulf Coast shrimp and grits. Indulge your sweet tooth with a Grand Marnier creme brulee or the renowned Brennan’s bananas foster.
- Share a truly memorable Valentine’s Day meal at Hugo’s. The holiday menu includes shareable options and mouth-watering appetizers like sopecitos. There are entrees to suit every palate, and a special couple’s dessert — chocolate cake with raspberry cream, passion fruit gelee, and lemon.
- Dine at the rustic Rainbow Lodge, a 100-year-old Houston institution. The Valentine’s Day menu includes champagne and options like truffled sunchoke veloute and vitello tonnato. For the main course, choose from delicacies such as pheasant and creamy spaetzle or filet of beef and poached lobster tail duo. And for dessert, try the croissant bread pudding with bourbon sauce.
For the Adventurer
- On Feb. 12, join Bayou City Outdoors for We Love Houston — On Bikes. Cyclists will ride to the “We Love Houston” sculpture with stops at Love Park and more.
- Channel your inner daredevils for an unforgettable “Spread Your Wings For Two” experience at iFly Houston.
- See who has the best shot at American Shooting Centers, located in West Houston’s lovely George Bush Park.
For the Fine Arts Lover
- Craft your own Valentine’s masterpiece at any Rustic Brush location across Houston.
- Don’t miss “Love For Schuur,” a tribute to “My Funny Valentine” songstress Diane Schuur.
- Visit the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston with your love to check out “The Glamour and Romance of Oscar de la Renta” exhibition.
- Grab a few of your friends for some fun at local favorite Houston Escape Room.
- Head to Howl At the Moon for their annual LoveSux celebration, the anti-Valentine’s Day party.
- Enjoy breathtaking art and meet interesting fellow Houstonians at the Gite Gallery Singles Mixer.
As you can see, Valentine’s Day can be so much more than dinner and a movie. (But hey, if that’s your bag, we’re all for the traditional.) With any of the options above, you’re sure to pull off a Valentine’s Day to remember.