When you’re new to an area, one of the most intimidating aspects of settling in can be meeting new friends. And, when you’re a parent, you not only worry about making friends yourself, but you’re concerned about your children, too. An ideal solution for finding friends for yourself and play dates for your children are mommy meetup groups. Find out how you can meet other Houston moms.
In Houston, moms have so many fun opportunities to meet new friends for themselves and their children! Participating in Mommy and Me classes and meetup groups will help you feel like a part of the community in no time. Plus, fellow mothers make undeniably valuable support groups. Houston mom squads are powerful sources here in town.
Resources and Activities for Houston Moms
A great place to find resources and activities for new mothers and mothers new to the area is the Houston New Moms Blog. Here, you can find everything from local new mother support groups to mom and baby workouts. Check out these five places to find motherly camaraderie.
- Children’s Classes at the Motherhood Center. Here you and your baby can take classes like mom and baby yoga, infant massage, and Gymboree play and music.
- Hike It Baby Houston. This is a group for Houston moms and infants to go on casual walks together. This group covers many Houston suburbs and outlying areas.
- Facebook groups. Houston moms are quite the social media savvy bunch, and there are mommy Facebook groups for many local neighborhoods. Here are a handful of active groups:
- Support groups and infant care classes at Woman’s Hospital of Texas. Here, you can take classes on child care and CPR, and you can also meet other parents for emotional support and education.
- Mom and Baby classes all over town. You and your toddler or baby can take dozens of fun classes together. From making music to ballet and sign language, there are tons of local options. Find other unique ideas here.
Mommy Meetup Groups
Meetup.com is a great way to meet other people with similar interests. Incidentally, this also extends to meetups for Houston moms. Check out these groups you and your baby can join.
- Spring Mamas and the Cool Kids
- 2015-2016 Babies of Houston’s Inner Loop
- Houston Working Moms and Parents
- Muslim Moms of Houston
- Merry Makers Free Storytimes and Playgroups
If you’re a new mom moving to Houston, there are tons of resources and support for you. Houston is a young, family friendly city, and it’s the perfect place for you to call home. Ameritex Houston Movers would love to help you make the transition. Fill out the form above for a free moving quote.