At some point as you’re planning your move, you’re bound to question moving rates. Are professional movers worth the cost? What’s the difference between hiring movers by the hour versus flat rate? Actually, flat rates are fairly uncommon in the moving industry. Paying an hourly rate is the best way to keep costs down, and it all comes down to knowing your specific needs.
How Moves Work: Hiring Movers by the Hour
Most moving companies work off an hourly rate plus fees. Ameritex Movers sets up all moves on an hourly basis and a trip fee. The trip fee is a minimal charge that covers your crew’s fuel and drive time. You’ll pay the trip fee up front, but it also applies to your final total.
Ever wondered how moving companies calculate their hourly rate? Many companies begin charging from the time their crew leaves the office. However, Ameritex is a little different. We don’t start the clock until the crew arrives at your home and you sign them in. It ends when you sign the crew out after the job is complete. This removes any mystery from the hours you’re billed for.
Additionally, you can select how many men you need for your move based on the size of your move and your belongings. With a larger crew, your hourly rate increases, but total moving time decreases. If you’re unsure, our customer service representatives will help you figure out how many movers you need.
Benefits of Hourly Movers
You stand to benefit significantly by hiring movers by the hour. The greatest advantage is the amount of control you have as a customer. By choosing the size of your moving crew based on the specific job, you can actually save money. Here are some great examples of scenarios where it’s particularly beneficial.
- If you’re packing up yourself. A full-service move isn’t always the most budget-friendly choice. Save some cash by doing this part yourself.
- If you’re moving within the same neighborhood. Moving down the road? This can shave off loads of driving time, which brings the price down overall.
- If you’re renovating. Renovations usually don’t require you to remove all of your belongings. Hire movers hourly for a job like this.
- If you need help moving a large item. No need to pay a flat rate when you’re only moving one item, even if it’s extra bulky.
- If you’re re-arranging your home. Since there’s no packing involved here, it makes sense to hire your movers by the hour.
What’s the Next Step?
Are you on the fence about what type of moving services you need? Hiring movers by the hour is a smart choice. From there, you will select the size of your crew and which type of moving package is best for you.
Ameritex is here to streamline your moving experience. It’s part of our commitment to the Stress-Free Move. Our office staff is extremely knowledgeable, and they’ll ask detailed questions to get a sense of what you’re looking for. From there, they’ll be able to suggest the best service to fit your individual needs — regardless of budget or time frame.
Ready to schedule your move? Call us today at 713.484.6683 for a complimentary moving quote.